Thursday, January 3, 2008

WIRRAL EXCLUSIVE: EMAIL SHOCK NO 1 - SENIOR COUNCIL OFFICIAL TRIES TO GET HIS SON A GIG AT MATHEW STREET...

The following is an email exchange between the interim Assistant Executive Director for Sport and Culture, Chris Briggs, to the Culture Company Events team:

From: Briggs, Chris
Sent: 07 April 2006 14:59
To: Blakeman, Kirstie

Subject: Mathew Street Festival

Kirstie

Hi

Judith Feather mentioned to you my sons rock band "SIRENS" and that I was hoping I could get them one of the local band slots on the stage at thisyears festival.
I haven't heard anything yet, do you need any more information from me ?
They are a Merseyside band of 5 in their early 20's . They have played gigs at the ZanziBar, Bar Fly , The Magnet and many more. They are all very good musicians, write their own songs and are very good live performers. I think Judith will have already given you one of their CD's
Could you give me a ring on my mobile 07740 918614

Thanks for your help

Regards
Chris

-----Original Message-----
From: Blakeman, Kirstie <Kirstie.Blakeman@liverpool.gov.uk>
To: Briggs, Chris <
Chris.Briggs@liverpool.gov.uk>
CC: Whitehead, Susan <Susan.Whitehead@liverpool.gov.uk>
Sent: Fri Apr 07 15:41:20 2006

Subject: RE: Mathew Street Festival

Hi Chris,

Yes, Judith did forward your son's demo CD.
All performers for the new bands stage have been considered and chosen by a panel of local music industry professionals. The selected artists will be approached once all details on the event have been finalised; to ensurecorrect information is being released. All artists will be contacted prior to the end of May. Please bear with us; as you can appreciate there has been a huge number of performers wanting to take part at this year's festival.


Kind regards,

Kirstie

Senior Events Manager
Liverpool Culture Company

-----Original Message-----

From: Briggs, Chris
Sent: 13 April 2006 19:54
To: Blakeman, Kirstie

Subject: Re: Mathew Street Festival

Kirsty

Thanks for the note

I understand there will be a lot of applicants. Can you let me know if I have followed the correct process by sending in the CD I don't recall filling in any application form or providing details of the band, do I need to do this ??

Thanks

Chris
Chris Briggs

Head of Sport and Recreation

-----Original Message-----

From: Blakeman, Kirstie

Sent: 18 April 2006 10:48
To: Briggs, Chris

Subject: RE: Mathew Street Festival

Hi Chris,

Yes, you've provided enough information thanks.

For next years event we are looking into producing a form on the internet for applicant submissions, but for this year there has been no specific process apart form sending CD's in.Kind regards,

Kirstie
Senior Events Manager

Liverpool Culture Company

-------------------------------------------------

COMING SOON:

WIRRAL EXCLUSIVE: EMAIL SHOCKER NO 2 -
THE HARBARROWBOY:
'I NEED THIS TO HAPPEN - DON'T LET THIS EMBARRASS ME...'
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...