Friday, September 9, 2011

Garance Doré at Phaidon for FNO

WGSN managed to sneak in a short Q&A at the Phaidon book store last night with Garance Doré despite our non-stop FNO itinerary.


So, how are you liking Fashions Night Out this year, and what were you up to this time last year?

A year ago I was exhibiting at Jill Sander's store, I did a series of pictures for them, which is a totally different angle here because Phaidon asked me to select pictures that I love from my work, so it’s very different but I love both!

It must be hard for you to choose your favorite work because you seem very passionate about what you do.

Well I think that the secret is I can say it because I’ve had so many different jobs in my life, but when you like what you do you just won’t stop; you just want to keep on. I just want to do the blog, I want to meet people that I love, I want to take pictures of them and be excited about new stuff.

If you could spend time at any store here in SoHo tonight, what store would you go to?

Well I am very happy with the Phaidon store because it’s so cool. You know, it has the best books!

You were at Phillip Lim earlier, how was that?

Yes I was at Phillip Lim. I was making cocktails. I don’t know, he just told me to come by so I was like yeah, I like him, I like what he does.

So what cocktail did you make?

Garance on the Rocks...Don’t really ask me what is inside because I don’t remember, but it was very good!

What are you looking forward to for Fashion Week this year?

Well it’s funny each fashion week I’m trying to understand, you know because when you start fashion week you’re so excited about everything and after a few years you’re like; you know everybody, and so the important thing is to always take a different angle so you stay excited. I don’t want to do the same thing so I’m trying to work with designers that excite me, or trying to photograph someone differently. I just want to keep my heart you know...beating.

What are the fashion shows that you’re most looking forward to seeing?

I always think the Marc Jacobs one in New York is, how do you say, it's very important. I’m curious about Celine; I’m curious about, I don't know there are so many things. I’m curious to discover a new brand, Creatures of the Wind. There are so many things!

by Joanna Petticord

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...